Letter of Recommendation Request Guide
(Please answer these questions and submit to recommender at least 2 weeks prior to the date your letter of recommendation is needed.)
1. List 3 words that describe you. Explain why you chose each word.
2. What is your passion? What intrigues you?
3. What is your greatest personal accomplishment? Describe what you achieved and why you are proud of it.
4. What are your most significant academic strengths? (For example, problem solving, writing, creative thinking. Do not list subject areas.)
5. What career are you pursuing, and what courses have you taken that are specifically related to your planned course of study.
6. Describe leadership roles you have held in clubs, organizations, community or faith groups, employment, sports, etc. Be specific.
7. Are there any unusual or personal circumstances that have affected your educational or personal experience? Have they impacted your academic performance?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
9. What have you learned from high school that has best prepared you for college, and why will this make you an outstanding college student?
10. What is your class rank, weighted GPA, and unweighted GPA? (This information can be found on your transcript in SKYWARD.)
11. How would your friends describe you? If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
12. What is the most difficult thing you have had to face? What has changed you?
13. How would your teachers/counselor answer these questions? “What I like best about…”, “What sets this student apart is…”
14. Did you have any schedule conflicts that I need to mention? For example, did you work part time and have many activities that overlapped?