Benefits 2020 - 2021
Benefits Assistance is available!
New Hires: For login assistance, benefit questions, or assistance enrolling you may contact Cara Hanes, FBS Benefit Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want one on one telephonic assistance? Schedule an appointment with Cara via this scheduling link: https://bit.ly/2C5M7wS
Qualifying Life Event
A Qualifying Life Event allows you to make changes to Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Accounts with 30 days of the event. A change in your situation can make you eligible for a special enrollment period, allowing you to make changes in these benefits outside the yearly open enrollment period. You only have 30 days from the date of the life event to complete this process.
Please click on the link to complete the Prosper ISD Benefits Change Form and be prepared to attach the supporting documentation listed below related to your life event.
1. Birth: Please add the child(ren) in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Do not wait for the SSN or Birth Certicate. We will require these at a later date.
2. Adoption: Please add the child(ren) in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Adoption papers.
3. Marriage: Please add your new spouse in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Marriage license.
4. Death: Death certificate
5. Divorce: Divorce decree (first and last pages only with judge's signature)
6. Spouse/Dependent Job Change or Open Enrollment - Gains Coverage: Proof of the enrollment, listing the effective date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the names of dependents enrolled and their effective date of coverage. Examples: copies of enrollment forms
7. Spouse/Dependent Job Loss- Loses Coverage: COBRA notice, letter from former employer or print screens from insurance carriers listing the type of coverage lost, the last date of active coverage and the names of dependents losing coverage.
8. Turning 26 and loss of coverage: COBRA notice or letter from parent's employer listing the last date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the name of the dependent losing coverage (your name).
9. Loss of Goverment Program Eligibility (Medicaid or CHIP): Letter from government agency listing the last date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the name of the dependent losing coverage (your name).
10. Medicare Eligibilty: Letter from government agency listing the effective date of coverage.
11. Other Gain or Loss of Coverage: If you do not see your situation listed above, please contact the Benefits Department at email@example.com to see if your partilar Life Event applies for a change in enrollment.