COVID-19 Attendance Protocols
COVID Back to School Attendance Guide
Students and staff are expected to monitor themselves (or parent monitor their child) for symptoms prior to coming onto campus.
Use the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire to report symptoms to the campus nurse. If experiencing symptoms related to a possible COVID-19 infection, please stay home until contacted by the school nurse, and consult your physician as necessary.
Criteria for Readmission
Students and staff who are experiencing symptoms of a suspected COVID-19 infection will be excluded from in-person activities. Criteria for readmission include:
- Negative COVID test result*, OR
- Healthcare Provider note indicating alternate diagnosis and clearing the individual to return; OR
- 5 days have passed since onset of symptoms, fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medications, and improved respiratory symptoms. The day symptoms begin is Day 0; therefore, the earliest return is on Day 6.
* Test must be collected on/after an acceptable date based on the individual's symptoms. Consult with a Prosper ISD nurse to clarify the appropriate testing time frame.
Students at School with Symptoms
Students at school with symptoms of illness that require exclusion will be separated from others in the clinic or other designated waiting area until their parent/guardian arrives to pick them up. Students should be picked up within 30 minutes of being contacted by the school.
Staff at School with Symptoms
Staff at work with symptoms of illness that require exclusion will notify their supervisor promptly, maintain distancing from others and leave the campus.
Students and Staff who Test Positive
Student and staff positive COVID-19 test results are required to be reported to the campus nurse.
- Please use the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire to notify the nurse of a positive test, and stay home until contacted by the nurse for further direction.
- Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 (or are diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare provider) will be excluded from in-person activities until fever-free x24 hours without fever-reducing medications; respiratory symptoms have improved; and it has been at least 5 days since symptom onset (or since positive test result if asymptomatic).
COVID-19 Attendance Protocols
In the event a student tests positive for COVID-19 or is diagnosed by a healthcare provider as having a COVID-19 infection, the parent must notify the campus nurse and provide documentation of the positive test and/or physician note. The nurse will determine the child's expected return date and communicate the student's restriction from in-person activities with campus administration. Absences for these restricted days as determined by the nurse will be excused.Parent notes may be used for all other absences related to COVID-19 concerns; however, parents will be allowed to electronically submit (through Skyward Family Access) a total of only 5 absence notes during the school year. Once you have exceeded this maximum, all absences will be considered unexcused.Students will not be restricted (quarantined) for exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual as long as the student does not have symptoms. If the student has symptoms of COVID-19, the parent should contact the campus nurse and their healthcare provider. If a parent chooses to keep a student home from school due to exposure, parent notes will be needed for the absence(s). Parents will be allowed to electronically submit (through Skyward Family Access) a total of only 5 absence notes during the school year. Once you have exceeded this maximum, all absences will be considered unexcused.