Freshman Try-outs Schedule:
Monday, December 7th 6am to 8am
6am – Check In (make sure you have a physical on file and academically eligible)
6:15am – Tryouts will begin
7:45am – Tryouts will end
7:55am – Announcement of team selection
*Try-outs will be held in Aux Gym 1 & 2 at PHS.
On behalf of Prosper ISD Athletics, we present this outline for the plan to return our student-athletes to in-person campus training. This is our blueprint to return our athletes to their respective sports on our campuses. The health and safety of our student-athletes is our number one priority. The following guidance is based on current data and knowledge of COVID-19 as well as UIL, NFHS, TEA, CDC and local guidelines. Prosper ISD Athletics designed this guidance to help prevent workout exposures to COVID-19 for all student athletes, coaches and staff. We will update our plan as additional information becomes available.
The Prosper High School boys’ basketball program will consist of a freshman team, a sophomore team, a junior varsity team, and a varsity team for the 2020-2021 season. We will carry no more than 10-12 players on each team, along with managers, trainers, and statisticians. Earning a spot in the program is a year-to-year process. A student that makes a team one year does not guarantee that he will make the team the following year. Tryouts will be held the first week of school during the athletic periods.
***If athletes choose virtual learning, they are required to attend every tryout/practice during the assigned athletic period, as well as before and after school practices to be recorded present and receive credit throughout the entire school year.
Prosper ISD Athletic Physicals for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- If you had an updated PISD physical for 19-20 school year then your physical will continue for the 2020-2021 school year
- You must fill out all online forms including a new medical history form found on the rank one website
- All medical history forms will be reviewed by the athletic trainers. If there is any concern further medical documentation may be necessary
- This is for the 2020-2021 school year ONLY
- Please email you Athletic Trainer if you have any questions
- Prosper HS
- Michael Henry
- Prosper HS