Transportation Frequently Asked Questions
You may use this Transportation Change Request Form link or log into your Skyward Family Access account to access the form under District Links.
In 3 - 5 business days, check your Skyward Family Access account for your student's bus stop information.
Please note: Your student can only be routed to the address indicated in Skyward. Please ensure that information is kept current.
Please access your Skyward Family Access account:
- Click on returning student registration or new student enrollment (even if you have already completed it).
- Review the step where you completed the transportation form to see what you indicated.
- Make any needed changes.
To minimize the amount of time students are on a bus, bus stops are placed at centralized locations that can be safely accessed by all eligible students.
Parents are responsible for their students traveling back and forth from home to the bus stop and may consider accompanying them to the bus stop or arranging for a neighborhood walking buddy.
Elementary School students may be required to walk up to .25 miles to a bus stop. Middle School .35 miles and High School up to .50 miles.
An overflow bus is a bus that finishes their route early enough to assist another with theirs and can get students to school on time or get the students home (barring traffic and/or a train) within 1 hour of the last bus released from the campus. (middle school buses are usually cleared to leave around 3:45 so arrival home on an overflow bus would be around 4:45.) Circumstances dictate when the process is initiated.
At that time:
- Parents are notified via text and email that an overflow bus is being used.
- The driver is informed of the stop, preferably one, that will be handled by the overflow bus.
- All overflow bus information is emailed to the Assistant Principal(s) at the school.
- At dismissal, the Assistant Principal directs the students where to wait.
- Once the overflow bus arrives, which is usually 15 – 20 minutes after the last bus leaves, the Assistant Principal directs the students to the bus. (Traffic at the school may increase the wait/departure time.)
- Most students are home within 1 hour of the last bus being released from the campus.
- For consistency, the students at the stop(s) the overflow bus transport to will continue to be transported on that bus until another route can be formed.
Students should arrive at the stop at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled pick-up time.
If there is a substitute driver, we diligently try to notify you ahead of time. Please understand the times may not be absolutely consistent with the regular scheduled pick-up times due to traffic, weather, and other unforeseen circumstances.
If the bus is late, ask your child to remain at the stop. There may be incidents beyond our control, but there will always be a bus at every stop. If the wait becomes extreme (approximately 10 minutes), please call the transportation office at 469-219-2065.
***Utilizing the Here Comes the Bus app https://herecomesthebus.com/ will greatly eliminate most of those challenges and bring you peace of mind.
All of our buses are equipped with AC and our drivers are instructed to continuously run the AC to keep the bus as cool as possible. However, Texas is known for its high temperatures and as we open and close the door repeatedly to allow students on and off the bus, the cool air is released, making maintaining low bus temperatures a challenge.
We appreciate your patience as we do everything within our ability to keep students comfortable during those high-temperature days.
Please see your student's home campus registrar. If you need bus service please reference the question 'How to register for bus service?'
Please see point 6 under Exiting the Bus in the Bus Rider Handbook.