Phone: (469) 219-2180 ex. 80401
Degrees and Certifications:
~ Special Education EC-12 Teaching Certification ~ Bachelors of Business Administration: Hardin-Simmons University and University of Texas @ Dallas
Ms. Trisha Furr
Hello! My name is Ms. Trisha Furr and I am blessed to be apart of the Prosper High School Student Services and Math teams!!!!! The 2020-21 school year will be my 14th year of teaching, though this is my 5th year as a teacher at PHS. I am honored to return to my alma mater as I graduated from Prosper High School myself (a 'few' years ago.... ). I know this year is going to be a bit different, but we are going to get through this together!! Teamwork, Communication and Grace- these are the words I live by during these uncertain times. We're ALL in this together and it takes us ALL on the same team!!! I am so blessed to always work with the best students and parents!!
This year I will be servicing students in Fundamental Geometry and supporting students in various math classrooms to help maximize their learning opportunities. I am a math nerd as I LOVE MATH! My favorite part is making math fun and helping students understand how math is used in the real world of Life! If you typically do not like math... just wait! Give me a chance to change your mind about math class this year. :) I will also be serving as a Case Manger for some of our students and I look forward to working and getting to know the families of these students as well!! It is a team effort and I am your biggest supporter. I'm here for you!
I am a proud mom of a beautiful daughter and we are very active in the community at various games, events and groups. I hope to see you on the field, at the game, up on the stage, at church, or in the grocery store. I am so excited to work within the community in which we are involved. My daughter is my heart, but each of my students are 'my kids' as well. I am so blessed to always have the best students each year and I will love each of you as my own! I have high expectations for each of you and look forward to working with you to see where you grow through our year together!
Fundamental Geometry Class Supplies Needed for our Math Class this school year: (ALL supplies will remain in class for those in person and in a box JUST FOR YOU)
* 1 Subject 5 Star College Ruled Notebook minimum 11in x 8.5in (needed within first week of joining our class)- Dedicated JUST to Geometry- stays in the classroom
* Pencils (whatever kind you'd like but you MUST have EVERYDAY) with an eraser
* 2 Large boxes of Kleenex/tissues brought within the first week of joining our class
* 1 White or Light colored Poster Board (needed within first week of school starting)
- As additional needs come up through out the year, I will notify you. Thank you so much for ensuring your student is prepared for our Math Class this school year and making our learning opportunities most successful. With the current situation, we are not able to have shared class materials. It will be each students' responsibility to have their supplies. We will have a box for each student in my room to store these items for JUST them, but they MUST bring their own supplies. We couldn't do it without YOU!
I am beyond blessed to be back in Prosper and to have the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of some of my amazing PISD teachers. I promise to be here for you and to help any way that I can. We will stretch and grow together. I am passionate about what I do and I am so thankful to work with YOU this year! You will soon see I have a love for the color green and for frogs. Weird I know... but it's my life motto~ F.R.O.G.
Make today GREAT!