We are excited to announce that we will be starting an intramural sports program at our middle schools in Prosper ISD. In our inaugural season we will begin with four sports but have hopes to expand to more sports over the years. This year the program will be dedicated to 6th grade students. However, if the interest level is low for 6th grade we will consider adding 7th & 8th grade students. If this does occur 7th & 8th grade students will not compete against 6th grade students. This year the intramural program will be limited to the first 16 teams that complete all of the registration requirements. We do have hopes of expanding the program in the future. The students will be able to register as a team or individually (not both). Those students who register individually will be placed on a team. The cost for a team registration is $20 and an individual registration is $5. The intramural program operates separately from our athletic department and any questions or inquiries should be directed to our Intramural Director, Tim Hardy firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Hardy has experience as an athletic director and coach. He will be in attendance to supervise all intramural activities and general knowledge of first aid procedures. Our first sport will be girls volleyball and all completed registration and eligibility forms are due by September 24th.
We are looking forward to this opportunity to get more students involved at our school and to see this program continue to grow.
2018-19 INTRAMURAL SPORTS
Intramural games will begin promptly at the designated starting time with no delay. All teams are expected to be ready to participate 10 minutes prior to game time. Teams will designate a Team Captain to make decisions for the team. All teams will be student led with no outside coaches. All games will be played at the scheduled time, date and location. A team roster should be large enough so a team can accommodate the absence of one or more players, regardless of the conflict. If a team or individual does not show up for an event, a forfeit will be recorded. If either teams or individuals do not show up, a double forfeit will be recorded and both teams will be provided with a loss for that event. Specific rules for each sport will be communicated prior to the beginning of the specific sport season.
VOLLEYBALL - Girls
A maximum of 16 teams will be able to participate in intramural volleyball. Teams will consist of a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 9 players. The format for each game will be 6 v 6 lasting 30 minutes. Each team will play two games per night. Registration deadline is September 24th.
BASKETBALL - Boys & Girls
A maximum of 16 teams will be able to participate in intramural basketball. Teams will consist of a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 6 players. The format for each game will be 4 v 4 lasting 30 minutes. Games will be played half court. Each team will play two games per night.
SOCCER - Boys & Girls
A maximum of 16 teams will be able to participate in intramural soccer. Teams will consist of a minimum of 7 players and a maximum of 10 players. The format for each game will be 7 v 7 lasting 30 minutes.
FLAG FOOTBALL - Boys
A maximum of 16 teams will be able to participate in intramural football. Teams will consist of a minimum of 7 players and a maximum of 10 players. The format for each game will be 7 v 7 lasting 30 minutes.
VOLLEYBALL - GIRLS
October 30th - End of Season Tournament
BASKETBALL - BOYS
December 11th - End of Season Tournament
BASKETBALL - GIRLS
February 12th - End of Season Tournament
Soccer & Flag Football Schedules - TBD
- Appropriate clothing and shoes are required for participation in the program.
- Pinnies, jerseys, or scrimmage vests should be used to designate teams.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
- Facilities, supplies, and equipment will be separate from the physical education and athletic departments.
- Facilities must be left in an acceptable condition for the next activity.
- When it is necessary for an activity to be officiated, students, staff members or the intramural director should serve in this capacity.
- When student officials are used, the intramural director will ensure that they are properly trained.
RULES FOR COMPETITION
- Intramural directors will submit rules of competition, and tournament format, if applicable, prior to the sign-ups for the activity.
- Intramural directors will post rules for tournament play.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
- All school policies apply to intramural participants.
- All students must complete appropriate paperwork.
- Students who are enrolled in physical education must actively participate in class to be eligible to participate in intramural activities on that day. Students who are medically excused are not eligible to participate in intramural activities.
- Students currently participating (practicing or playing) in a middle school sport may not participate in the current intramural sport.
- All participants listed on a team entry must meet all stated eligibility requirements.
- A participant may only participate on ONE team during a sport season.
- Teams will forfeit all wins for which an ineligible player participated
- All participants are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship, fair play, and abide by all rules of the Intramural program and the scheduled activity.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior of a non-physical nature no matter who intended for, will not be tolerated. Dismissal from the activity will be applied. Removal from the league may also result.
- Any participant dismissed from a contest due to an act of unsportsmanlike behavior regarding a physical confrontation will be immediately removed from the facility, the student will be referred to the Office, and removal from the league may also result.