Transportation Frequently Asked Questions
Starting the evening of August 4th, preliminary information will be available.
***Information is subject to change as we await further clarification regarding time-sensitive issues brought about by COVID-19.
Am I Eligible?
- I live 2 or more miles from the boundary of my designated campus.
- I am a registered Prosper ISD student and my address is up to date with the registrar.
- I have accessed my Skyward account and used the link to the Transportation Change Request form to request service.
Please log into your Skyward account. There you will find the link for the Transportation Change Request Form.
In 3 - 5 business days, please check Skyward or the Bus Schedule For Registered Riders tab for your student's bus information.
Please note: Your student can only be routed to the address indicated in Skyward, so please ensure that information is kept current.
Please log into your Skyward account, under your student's profile see 'Busing', then refer to 'How do I register for bus service?'
To minimize the ride time spent on the bus, bus stops are placed at centralized locations that can be safely accessed by all eligible students.
If you have concerns about your child's safety, you are encouraged to accompany your child to the bus stop or arrange a neighborhood buddy to walk with your child.
Elementary School students may be required to walk up to .20 miles to a bus stop. Middle School .35 miles and High School up to .50 miles.
An overflow bus is a bus that finishes their route early enough to assist another with theirs and can get students to school on time or get the students home (barring traffic and/or a train) within 1 hour of the last bus released from the campus. (Middle School buses are usually cleared to leave around 3:40 so arrival home on an overflow bus will be around 4:40.)
Once a bus has the potential to be over capacity, 48 students, the following is determined:
- Which bus could be used as an overflow bus.
- Which bus stop, preferably one, contains enough students to put the ridership count back at capacity.
At that time:
- Parents are notified via ConnectEd that an overflow bus is being used.
- The driver is informed of the stop, preferably one, that will be handled by the overflow bus.
- All overflow bus information is emailed to the Assistant Principal(s) at the school.
- At dismissal, the Assistant Principal directs the students where to wait.
- Once the overflow bus arrives, which is usually 15 – 20 minutes after the last bus leaves, the Assistant Principal directs the students to the bus. (Traffic at the school may increase the wait/departure time.)
- Most students are home within 1 hour of the last bus being released from the campus.
- For consistency, the students at the stop(s) the overflow bus transport to will continue to be transported on that bus until another route can be formed.
Your child should arrive at the stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick up time.
If there is a substitute driver, we diligently try to notify you ahead of time. Please understand the times may not be absolutely consistent with the regular scheduled pickup times due to traffic, weather, and other unforeseen occurrences.
If the bus is late ask your child to remain at the stop. There may be incidents beyond our control but there will always be a bus at every stop. If the wait becomes extreme (approximately 15 minutes), please call the transportation office at 469-219-2065.
***Utilizing the Here Comes the Bus app https://herecomesthebus.com/ will greatly eliminate most of those challenges and bring you peace of mind.
All of our buses are equipped with AC, and our drivers are instructed to continuously run the AC to keep the bus as cool as possible. However, Texas is known for its high temperatures and as we open and close the door repeatedly to allow students on and off the bus, the cool air is released, making it hard to maintain a low bus temperature.
We appreciate your patience as we do everything within our power to keep your student(s) cool during those high temperature days.
Please see the Bus Rider Handbook link below.