Hays Middle School Library
March UpdateWhile Prosper ISD schools have shifted to an eLearning model, overdues and lost book fines have been suspended. Please keep library books at home until further notice.Questions about Follett Destiny ebooks or audiobooks? Watch this video.For assistancee or questions about Sora Overdrive or Follett Destiny, contact Ms. Jones or fill out this form.Follett Destiny eBook and AudioBooks
- Students may check out 3 eBooks or Audiobooks from Destiny Discover for up to 3 weeks (15 school days).
- Login to Destiny Discover with your PISD username and password.
- Browse or search for a book.
- Once you find a book you would like to reach, click the 'Checkout' button.
- Caution: The 'Read' button and 'Play' button next to the 'Checkout; button will allow you to access that item, but it will not check it out to you, reserve it, or keep your place.
- To read or listen to your item after it has been checked out, go to the three lines in the upper left of the Destiny Discover screen and find the items you have checked out.
Hays MAC Month Information
Item Checkout, Renewal, and Overdues
- March 2nd-April 24th 2020
- M.A.C. (Manga and Comic) month is an annual contest to promote storytelling and art.
- Visit the website here for more information.
- Students may check out 3 books for up to 2 weeks (10 school days).
- Items may be renewed once UNLESS there is a hold on the items the student is trying to renew.
- Students who have overdue or lost items will NOT be able to check out any additional materials until the overdue/lost items are returned or paid for.
- Overdue notices are emailed weekly to the parent/guardian email address on file.
- Prosper ISD libraries do not charge for overdue fines.
- Search and hold items, create wish lists, and post book reviews on our online catalog, Destiny Discover.
- Login with your PISD account.
- Locate items in the library by clicking on the cover image. The location field will appear under the image. Note the sublocation and call number.
- You may hold up to 2 items for 30 days.
- To place an item on hold, log in to Destiny, search for the book, and select the hold button.
- When your hold is ready to be picked up, you will recieve an email.
- You have 5 days to pick up your hold.
Books by Special Delivery
- You may request that a library book be checked out and delivered to you.
- First make sure that item is currently checked in by searching Destiny Discover.
- Complete this request.
- The book will be checked out to you, delivered to your ELAR teacher, and passed on to you.
Suggest Titles to Add to the Hays Library
Contact UsRenee JonesLibrarianRGJones@prosper-isd.netCassey FarleyLibrary AssistantCSFarley@prosper-isd.net
- You may suggest titles to add to the Hays Library.
- Complete this form.
- If we purchase a title that you suggested, you will be the first to check it out.