Degrees and Certifications:
Hi, my name is Kayla Shelpuk and I could not be more excited to be your child’s teacher! Last year I had the joy of substitute teaching in Prosper ISD, where I fell in love with the students and community. To have a full-time home at Hughes is truly my most magical dream come true!
After graduating with my Bachelor’s degree from the University of North Texas (GO MEAN GREEN!), I obtained my teaching certificate because I just knew I would be the happiest in a classroom. Kindergarten has always been my dream grade to teach.
My husband, Zach, and I live in Anna along with our 18 month old daughter, Penelope, and a whole bunch of animals! We have 3 dogs, 1 grumpy cat, chickens, and 3 fish tanks. We love gardening, hanging out as a family, and cooking delicous food together!
This year will be incredible and memorable!
- Proud graduate of McKinney ISD
- BS Human Development & Family Sciences with a Concentration in Lifespan Development
- Additional teaching certificate in Early Childhood-6th Grade Core Subjects & Special Education
Continuing education in:
- Certifying in ESL instruction
- 30 hours of Gifted and Talented studies