Phone: 469-219-2150, ext. 71249
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University) -Elementary Education Certification -Early Childhood Certification Master's Degree in Library Science, University of North Texas -Youth Services in Information Settings Certification
Mrs. Delaine Ulmer
I am excited to be returning as the Library Media Specialist for Rogers Middle School. It is an honor to be a part of Prosper ISD and serve your family.
I have been in education for seventeen years -- eight years as a classroom teacher in kindergarten and first grade and eight years as a librarian. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a specialization in Early Childhood from Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University). I earned my Master's Degree in Library Science from the University of North Texas.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’ve always had a deep love for reading. I like all genres and often read several books at the same time.
- In third grade, I arranged all my books in alphabetical order and put library pockets in the back just in case anyone wanted to borrow them.
- I am the proud wife of a police officer and mom to a future technology genius!
- I am an avid runner…but no marathons for me. It is exciting to participate in 5Ks which support local charities, however running further distances does not appeal to me! ;-)
- In college, I had a job as a mermaid in an underwater show at Aquarina Springs in San Marcos, Texas.
- I have two giant dogs, Reggie and Rocky, who weigh a combined 260 pounds.
I am excited about working with wonderful and talented teachers here at Rogers—and together we will work hard to make sure your child loves reading! Go Prosper!
"I’ve always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” –Jorge Luis Borges