The RLC Announcements
Check out our new look!
This summer the library underwent some big changes! Here is what happened in the RLC:
- The large circulation desk was removed to allow more space for student activities.
- Students will be able to do self-checkout for books using new Chromebook stations.
- A makerspace area was designed to allow for creative, hands-on experiences.
- A new rack of paperback books for available for checkout.
- An interactive touch screen TV was installed for a richer technology experience.
Item Checkout, Renewal, and Overdues
- Students may check out 2 items for up to 3 weeks (15 school days).
- Items may be renewed once UNLESS there is a hold on the items the student is trying to renew.
- Students who have overdue or lost items will NOT be able to check out any additional materials until the overdue/lost items are returned or paid for.
- Overdue notices are emailed weekly to the parent/guardian email address on file.
- Prosper ISD libraries do not charge for overdue fines.
- Search and hold items, create wish lists, and post book reviews on our online catalog, Destiny.
- Login with your PISD account.
- Locate items in the library by clicking on the cover image. The location field will appear under the image.
- Fiction - Note the bookcase letter and author's last name.
- Nonfiction - Note the bookcase number and the 3 letter section abbreviation and number after it.
- For more information about locating items in the RLC, watch this video.
- You may hold up to 2 items for 30 days.
- To place an item on hold, log in to Destiny, search for the book, and select the hold button.
- When your hold is ready to be picked up, your name will be posted on the hold list in the RLC window.
- You have 3 days to pick up your hold.