The mission of the Advocacy Committee is to support Prosper ISD’s students, families, educators, board members, elected officials, and community members through local, state, and federal legislative research, feedback, and advocacy. Membership in the committee is intended to represent the numerous stakeholders that make up the PISD community. The committee will include perspectives from parents, community members, classroom teachers, staff, and administrators. Representation across areas of the District and grade levels will also be considered. Members of the committee will have the following duties:
1) Support the Board of Trustees and District leadership with the development of district and legislative priorities.
2) Serve as ambassadors in the Prosper ISD community by effectively disseminating information regarding the positive things happening in Prosper ISD and legislation that affects the District.
3) Provide feedback on legislative proposals.
4) Support get out the vote efforts, but committee members will not be permitted to advocate for or against any candidate for office as part of committee membership.
5) Participate in events with legislators and/or legislative staff.