Attendance and Registrar Information
To check out your student, please come to the front office of PHS or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 hours prior to your student needing to leave from the email in skyward of the parent/guardian. The email will receive only an automatic reply.
PISD Attendance at a Glance
Below you will find a quick overview of the PISD School Attendance policies, but it is highly recommended that parents review the Student Handbooks for your child's campus located on the PISD website (click here) to become familiar with the Attendance policy.
- Parents must notify the school the morning their child will be absent. You may call the school and leave a message on the Attendance line, or you may email the Attendance Clerk. The Attendance Clerk will call a student’s parent if the parent has not notified the school regarding the absence.
- When a student returns from an absence, a signed parent note or doctor’s note explaining the reason for the absence must be sent to the school within 2 days of the absence. The phone call or email that a parent sent notifying the school on the morning the student was absent does not qualify as an absence note.
- Parent’s Note after an Absence On the day a student is absent; parents should call or e-mail the attendance clerk. Upon the student returning to school— the student must bring a note signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence within two days of the absence or the absence will be unexcused. A parent e-mail sent directly to the attendance clerk describing the reason for the absence will also be accepted if received within two days of the absence. A note signed by the student, even with the parent’s permission, will not be accepted unless the student is 18 or older.
- Parents will be allowed to write a total of only 5 absence notes during the school year. Once you have exceeded this maximum, all absences will be considered unexcused. A list of acceptable absences (those that will be excused) are listed in the Student Handbook.
- If a student is absent for more than 5 consecutive days due to illness, a parent note will not be accepted. A statement from a doctor or medical clinic explaining the reason for the absence must accompany the student upon their return to school.
- If your child leaves during the day for a doctor or dentist appointment, a doctor’s note must be brought back on the same day in order for the absence(s) to be considered “medical”.