Prosper ISD Attendance At-a-Glance
Below you will find a quick overview of the PISD School Attendance policies, but it is highly recommended that parents review the Student Handbooks for your child's campus located on the PISD website (click here) to become familiar with the Attendance policy.
- Parents should notify the school the morning their child will be absent. All absence notifications and notes will be submitted electronically. Parents will notify the campus of a student’s absence through Skyward Family Access, this will replace calling or emailing the campus attendance clerk to notify the school of the student’s absence. Additionally, this electronic documentation satisfies the signed parent note requirement (state required documentation). When an absence request is submitted through Skyward Family Access, the attendance clerk/registrar will be notified by email. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit an absence.
- When a student returns from an absence at a doctor's office, a signed doctor’s note displaying the date on which the student was seen in the office must be sent to the school attendance email within 2 days of the absence. The parent indication that the student was at the doctor will not qualify as a doctor's note. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit a doctor's note.
- Parents will be allowed to electronically submit (through Skyward Family Access) an Absence Request. A total of five (5) Skyward Absence Requests can be excused as a parent note. Once this maximum has been met, absences will be considered unexcused. A list of acceptable absences (those that will be excused) are listed in the Student Handbook. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the Parents tab to submit an Absence Request.
- If a student is absent for more than 5 consecutive days due to illness, a parent note will not be accepted. A statement from a doctor or medical clinic explaining the reason for the absence must be submitted to the school attendance email upon their return to school. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit a doctor's note.
- If your child leaves during the day for a doctor or dentist appointment, a doctor’s note must be submitted electronically to the school attendance email on the same day or the next morning in order for the absence(s) to be considered “medical”. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit a doctor's note.