PISD - ESSER Funds
Prosper ISD will be applying for and receiving the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III funds. The purpose of these funds is to address the impact that COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, on elementary and secondary schools and their students.
The U.S. Department of Education’s (USDE) initial grant award notice to Texas makes immediately available two-thirds of the total federal appropriation to Texas under ARP (ESSER III). The remaining one-third of ARP (ESSER III) funds will be released to schools in the amounts indicated on the TEA allocation document and will also be supplemental to all other state funds.
By the formula, Prosper ISD will receive a total of $495K. Immediately available will be $330K with $165K to be released at a later time. There are a number of parameters that districts are required to follow in order to receive these funds.
FUNDING PARAMETERS INCLUDE:
- Prosper ISD total expected allocation - $495K
- One-time, non-renewable grant (funds)
- Any positions would be grant-funded, expire when funding ends
- Funds may be used through September 2024
- There are defined limitations to what may be funded
- Prosper ISD must review every 6 months, plans may evolve as needed
The Administration will be developing the complete application plan for funds based on community input, along with district and campus leadership, district and community advisory councils, and research of best practices.