Benefits 2020 - 2021
Welcome to the Benefits Website!
Onsite Benefit Enrollment Assistance: 7/20/2021 (Spanish interpreters available this date only) and 7/27/2021, 8-4pm, Admin Building Board Room, Financial Advisor and TCG also available for 403(b) and 457 sign up
Returning Employees: Open Enrollment Dates: 07/19/2021 - 08/13/2021, Benefits are effective 09/01/2021 - 08/31/2022
July New Hires: Enrollment begins now for August benefits. You have 31 days from your first calendar work date to accept/decline August benefits. Your 2021 - 2022 enrollment begins 7/19/2021, Benefits are effective 9/1/2021 and they must be completed by 8/13/2021.
August New Hires: Enrollment begins 7/19/2021. You have 31 days from your first calendar work date to accept/decline your benefits. Benefits are effective 9/1/2021.
Medical Insurance Updates and Changes: Click on the Enrollment Information Tab
- What's New and Changing:
- Medical Highlights: side by side comparison of the plans
- TRS Medical Cost Summary: Medical Rates and the Prosper ISD Contribution
Make sure to check the archived Did You Know? Benefit Newsletters for how to's and important links for Open Enrollment and Plan Information
FBS Call Center is Available for login assistance, Benefit questions and enrollment assistance:
Monday - Friday, 8AM - 7PM
(866) 914 - 5202
Cannot find the answer to your question? Please email Benefits@prosper-isd.net
Have a Qualified Life Event? Please click on the Qualifying Life Event Tab above.
Qualifying Life Event
Qualifying Life Event
A Qualifying Life Event allows you to make changes to Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Accounts within 30 days of the event. A change in your situation can make you eligible for a special enrollment period, allowing you to make changes in these benefits outside the yearly open enrollment period. You only have 30 days from the date of the life event to complete this process.
Please click on the link to complete the Prosper ISD Benefits Change Form and be prepared to attach the supporting documentation listed below related to your life event.
1. Birth: Please add the child(ren) in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Do not wait for the SSN or Birth Certicate. We will require these at a later date.
2. Adoption: Please add the child(ren) in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Adoption papers.
3. Marriage: Please add your new spouse in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Marriage license.
4. Death: Death certificate
5. Divorce: Divorce decree (first and last pages only with judge's signature)
6. Spouse/Dependent Job Change or Open Enrollment - Gains Coverage: Proof of the enrollment, listing the effective date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the names of dependents enrolled and their effective date of coverage. Examples: copies of enrollment forms
7. Spouse/Dependent Job Loss- Loses Coverage: COBRA notice, letter from former employer or print screens from insurance carriers listing the type of coverage lost, the last date of active coverage and the names of dependents losing coverage.
8. Turning 26 and loss of coverage: COBRA notice or letter from parent's employer listing the last date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the name of the dependent losing coverage (your name).
9. Loss of Goverment Program Eligibility (Medicaid or CHIP): Letter from government agency listing the last date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the name of the dependent losing coverage (your name).
10. Medicare Eligibilty: Letter from government agency listing the effective date of coverage.
11. Other Gain or Loss of Coverage: If you do not see your situation listed above, please contact the Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your partilar Life Event applies for a change in enrollment.