Benefits 2021 - 2022
Welcome to the Benefits Website!FBS Call Center is Available for login assistance and Benefits questions:
Monday - Friday, 8AM - 7PM
(866) 914 - 5202
New Hires - Still Need to Enroll?
VIRTUAL Appointments NOW Available!!!
Have questions about your benefits? Need help enrolling? Visit the booking website to setup a virtual appointment with an FBS Representative.
Choose which times work best for you and complete the booking steps to schedule your appointment. An FBS expert will call you at the chosen time.
You’re all set! An FBS Representative will call you to discuss any questions you have about your benefits and even help you enroll. Simply have your phone in hand and be ready to pick up.
Click HERE to schedule your appointment:https://bit.ly/2C5M7wS
Make sure to check the archived Did You Know? Benefit Newsletters for how to's and important links for Open Enrollment and Plan Information
Cannot find the answer to your question? Please email Benefits@prosper-isd.net
Qualifying Life Event
Qualifying Life Event
A Qualifying Life Event allows you to make changes to Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Accounts within 30 days of the event. A change in your situation can make you eligible for a special enrollment period, allowing you to make changes in these benefits outside the yearly open enrollment period. You only have 30 days from the date of the life event to complete this process.
Please click on the link to complete the Prosper ISD Benefits Change Form and be prepared to attach the supporting documentation listed below related to your life event.
1. Birth: Please add the child(ren) in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Do not wait for the SSN or Birth Certificate. We will require these at a later date.
2. Adoption: Please add the child(ren) in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Adoption papers.
3. Marriage: Please add your new spouse in the BenefitsHUB under Dependent Information before completing the form. Marriage license.
4. Death: Death certificate
5. Divorce: Divorce decree (first and last pages only with judge's signature)
6. Spouse/Dependent Job Change or Open Enrollment - Gains Coverage: Proof of the enrollment, listing the effective date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the names of dependents enrolled and their effective date of coverage. Examples: copies of enrollment forms
7. Spouse/Dependent Job Loss- Loses Coverage: COBRA notice, letter from former employer or print screens from insurance carriers listing the type of coverage lost, the last date of active coverage and the names of dependents losing coverage.
8. Turning 26 and loss of coverage: COBRA notice or letter from parent's employer listing the last date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the name of the dependent losing coverage (your name).
9. Loss of Government Program Eligibility (Medicaid or CHIP): Letter from government agency listing the last date of coverage, the type of coverage (medical, dental, vision) and the name of the dependent losing coverage (your name).
10. Medicare Eligibility: Letter from government agency listing the effective date of coverage.
11. Other Gain or Loss of Coverage: If you do not see your situation listed above, please contact the Benefits Department at email@example.com to see if your particular Life Event applies for a change in enrollment.