Student Teacher / Observer Information
Student Observer and Student Teacher Information
Prosper ISD welcomes student observers and student teachers during the fall and spring semesters. Requests for placement must be made through our online application system, and all requests must include school or program documentation. Requests made via e-mail or phone calls will not be considered as well as those requests made directly to campus staff.
Prosper ISD welcomes requests from the following universities:
- Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M-Commerce
- Texas Woman’s University
- University of North Texas Teach North Texas Program
Additionally, Prosper ISD welcomes requests from PISD graduates and district residents.
All other requests will be considered based on the availability of mentor teachers.
Placement Application Process
- Submit an application for student observation hours or student teaching through our online application system here.
- All applicants must complete and submit a Criminal Background Check. This background check is included in the online application process.
- All applicants will be required to upload a written placement request from their university or certification program as part of their online application submission.
- All applicants will be required to upload a copy of their driver’s license as part of the online application submission.
For student observation for the Spring 2019 semester, applications must be received by Friday, April 5, 2019.
For student teacher placement for the Fall 2019 semester, applications must be received by Friday, April 5, 2019.
Please note that placement availability is limited; therefore, timely requests are encouraged.